
We did it! We ran and finished the 2006 Cooper River Bridge Run! The race was a 10K (6.2 miles) over the new Arthur Ravenel Bridge that opened less than a year ago.
It was an amazing experience... I can't believe how awesome it was. There were 45,497 entrants and 33,742 finishers (I wonder what happened to the other 11,000+ people?). My official time was 1:11:56 (Caroline's was 1:11:57 and Clary's was 1:07:20), but unfortunately that includes the 5 minutes it took for us to just get to the starting line (there were so many people in front of us!). My actual time was 1:06:11, which placed me at 4522 out of 10426 total women. While we had wanted to go under an hour, we are just glad that we finished as well as we did. If you go to this site, you can type in our names and get our stats.
The entire experience was incredible, and I am so ready to do it again! Caroline and I are both keeping our eyes out for more exciting races now!
(By the way, the time on the timer is not ours... that time is for the walkers coming in way after we did!!)
3 comments:
I had a terriffic time. I look forward to our next race. Sonoma? Napa? Need to work on those sponsors.
Congrats!!!
Way to go Amanda....wish we could have joined you. Congrats!
Post a Comment