
This is Chip (also called a ChampionChip). All of the runners had to wear him on their shoe, and he kept track of us the whole time (kind of like a tracking device). He actually made sure that I crossed the starting line and finish line, and he also kept track of my actual time. Pretty cool... I wish the detail on the chip had come out better in the picture.

This is my number for the day (pinned on by one of Clary's diaper pins!). The numbers were color coded, depending on how fast we thought we were going to run the race. It made it easier to make sure that people who ran at the same pace started together, so that runners weren't dodging walkers, and people like me weren't preventing the Kenyans from running their fastest. This color said that we thought it would take us over an hour to run the race. While it did, we were wishing that we had a red number, which signified under 60 minutes. Next year, I will be wearing red.
No comments:
Post a Comment