Sunday, April 02, 2006

Race Morning

Laughing and clueless as to what lay ahead for us!!
Don't we look professional? Watch out Kenyans, here we come!!

It was an early morning, up at 5:15 to make sure that we got across the bridge to Mt. Pleasant before they closed the bridge. Caroline and I showered, ate breakfast, and left the house before 6am to pick up Dad at his boat and Clary. We got to the starting line shortly before 6:30, but the race didn't start until 8:00am. What did we do? People watch, of course!! Some of what we saw was too funny, some was absolutely crazy. I so wish I had figured out a way to have my camera... I would have loved to show you some of the craziness that we saw that morning!! Next year I will be sure to take it!!

At about 7:30 or so, the National Anthem was played... what an amazing moment. The entire crowd of 33,000+ people was silent... I had goosebumps. It was by far one of my favorite moments of the day. Clary led the three of us in a prayer, and before we knew it, it was 8:00 and we were moving toward the starting line...

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Jason was definitely a lifesaver! Thank you so much for keeping Fordham and letting us invade your house for 15 hours or so. We had a great time!