New Bern, North Carolina was the end of the line for me. On Tuesday afternoon, I picked up my rental car from the airport and drove to Morehead City for the night. It was a good chance to have a last night of freedom for me and for Dad to have a break before his next passenger arrived.I had a short but nice run along the waterfront in Morehead City, and I headed back to my room for a good night's rest before my trip home. The next morning, I took my time getting ready to leave. It was my last day of freedom! I had planned on taking my time getting home and visiting all of the little coastal towns along the way, but I was tired and not feeling great, so I headed straight home. It was an easy drive except for Myrtle Beach and Mt. Pleasant... too much traffic and rain!
When I got home, Jason and Jackson were thrilled to see me... lots of hugs and kisses. Harris, on the other hand, was furious. His little lip started to quiver, and his eyes filled with tears. The poor guy was so mad at me that he started screaming!! Made me feel terrible! He got over it pretty quickly, though, and was once again Mamma's Boy the next day!
It was an amazing time... so relaxing and such a great chance to spend some QT with Dad. It has been a long time since we have been able to do something like this, and I appreciated every second of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment