Saturday, April 22, 2006

Still Here

Yes, we are still in Charleston tonight. The storm was forcasted to be a doozy, so we used good judgement and stayed. It was very difficult to wait all day on the thunderstorms that never arrived, the winds that never picked up, and the hail that never fell. But, that was here in Charleston. When Dad called the marina in Bald Head Island, our first stop, they were getting pounded. So, it was truly a good thing that we stayed (as hard as that is to admit...).

It was also good in that I was able to spend most of the day with the boys, watching them adapt and bond to Nana and Papa T, as they are here to help Jason. Neither of the boys hesitated to embrace Nana and Papa T, so I felt so much better that my absence wouldn't be too disrupting. I was also able to say goodbye and enjoy the big hugs from both boys. (I am not going to lie, though... as I changed my fourth messy diaper for the day, I was wishing I was on the boat!)

Late this afternoon, Mom brought me to the boat so that I could spend the evening relaxing with Dad before the voyage begins tomorrow. I was able to get in a good 4-mile run downtown before we went for dinner. I am exhausted tonight, I think from all of the running around and prep for the trip, so I think I am off to bed shortly. Most of the marinas have wi-fi, so I am going to try to update often. No pictures, but I hope to have some good tales of the sea.

So, tonight I think I can finally say:

I'm outta' here!!

No comments: