Tomorrow I am supposed to be leaving for my big trip with my dad. I say 'supposed to' because there is a big storm out there waiting to disrupt our departure. I am praying that it will pick up speed and pass through tonight, but I know that isn't probable.
I dropped Dad off at the boat tonight after he returned his rental car, and I could almost feel that we were on the verge of the storm. I know that is crazy, because there was a sky full of stars, but I swear it felt different than when I left the house an hour earlier.
I guess my nerves are on edge, too... a few hours ago, I would have told you that I was so excited that I wouldn't look back or be sad that I am leaving my boys, but as it gets closer and closer, I am having a change of heart. A huge part of me wants to leave right this second, but there is another part of me that knows I am going to miss them terribly. This trip is going to be an incredible chance for me to get away, take a break from my job, spend some time with my dad, and just recharge. I just get a little sad thinking about how I might not even get to say goodbye tomorrow morning.
As much as I would like to say "I'm outta' here", I am still not sure where we stand with the weather. Please say a prayer for safe travel and sound judgement for us. Also for my three sweet boys... a safe and happy week.
No comments:
Post a Comment