
I ran the River Dogs Run Forrest Run 5K on Saturday evening (the River Dogs are our minor league baseball team, owned by Bill Murray). It was kind of a last minute thing... the bright green entry form had been taunting me from the corner of my bulletin board for months, but I never did anything about it. At the end of last week, I had had enough of being sick and not running, so I decided to sign up and do it. (Not a great picture, I know, but I had just finished the race, and I want to be sure to document all of them!!)
It was a small race, maybe about 200 people or so. Again, I wish I had my camera... I think the people-watching is one of my favorite parts of races!! The race had us running by the Citadel and around and through Hampton Park. The end of the race took us around the back of the River Dog's stadium and into the stadium itself, where the baseball players were waiting, cheering us on as we finished.
Considering it was 90 degrees and the only exercise I had the previous week was an eight-minute run and mowing the lawn, I did well... 3.1 miles in 28.20. I had no real goal... this was more or less to see what I could do, and I was pleased. Now I do have a goal for the next one (less than 28 minutes).
Next race: The Floppin' Flounder 5K on Sullivan's Island on June 10th.
1 comment:
Congrats Amanda. You Rock! Sorry I missed it. I am so there for the Floppin' Flounder. Whoo hoo!
Post a Comment