Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Laundry Woes

I have the worst time with laundry. Maybe I just don't pay enough attention to what I am doing, but it drives me crazy. I have washed a red crayon, blue crayon, yellow crayon and purple crayon, quarters, dollars, and many other odds and ends. Today takes the cake, though.

Today I washed a messy diaper. Somehow, a diaper ended up in the boys' dirty clothes basket, and I missed it. Ugh... so gross. If you have never had a diaper explode on you before, it is filled with some sort of gel that absorbs any liquid. That gel then turns into little gel-balls. If you run it through a hot cycle in the washer, it turns into a big mess. I had to take all of the clothes outside to shake all of the gross little gel balls out of them. I had to vacuum little gel balls out of the washer. And off the floor. And out of the laundry basket. So gross.

Another laundry lesson learned by me today. Shake out each and every item going into the washer to make sure there are no dirty diapers in hiding.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

OH MY! I cannot even imagine. I guess your day started off really great. :) It can only get better. :)

Nancy said...

YIKES!

Dr. Sarah Dodson said...

Oh Amanda! Keep posting the great advice. You know that we will need it very, very soon!