
I'm not sure if you can see the detail in this picture, but Jackson is playing with his new train, Butch. You may or may not know what that means... almost 6 months ago, we promised Jackson that he could get Butch if he went pee pee in the potty. Well, this morning he did it!!!
We have been talking about it nonstop since yesterday. At the picnic, Miss Rebecca ("My Becca" to Jackson) told Jackson that even Way Way pee pees in the potty, so last night while we were talking about it, Jackson dreamily said "Way Way". I'm wondering if she wasn't his inspiration! So anyway, this morning I had him stripped down in hopes of him figuring things out, but I was doubtful. I was cleaning the kitchen, and he came running to me yelling "Pee pee! Pee pee!", and I just thought he had to go. I took him over to his potty and to my suprise, he had already gone!!! We both started yelling and laughing and jumping up and down. So, the big boy now has Butch (and a pair of big boy pants!).
I am hoping that it is going to go this smoothly for the rest of the weekend, but I know that isn't likely. Doesn't matter, though, as we have finally cleared the first major potty training hurdle.
YAY JACKSON!!!
2 comments:
Way to Go!!
Apparently he just needed a bit of privacy!!
HOORAY FOR JACKSON!! WE ARE SO EXCITED FOR YOU (but especially for your mommy). :)
Post a Comment