I have a big problem: peanut butter. I am hooked. I have always loved it, but recently I just can't stop eating it. I eat it on sandwiches, plain or with jelly or with banana. I eat it on bananas. I eat it on CheezIts. The other night I had it with chocolate chips. The worst... I eat it out if the jar with a spoon. I would rather have a peanut butter sandwich than anything else for lunch and dinner right now (I'm a cheap date... I could order off of the children's menu at a restaurant!).
I have tried to just not buy it, but it beckons to me from the shelf at the Pig. It calls to me every time I open the pantry. I have tried to tell myself that it is for the kids, but that isn't true... Jackson doesn't like it (gasp), and Harris is too young to eat it. I just can't control myself around a jar of peanut butter. What am I going to do???
I have at least resorted to buying the reduced-fat kind, but it still has 12 grams of fat per 2 tablespoons. It is sad that all of this running is just going to support my peanut butter habit.
Is there a 12-step program for people like me?
3 comments:
Just keep going to the meetings. Keep getting your white chips. That's the only way to get over your addiction.
(I totally understand it, though! Give me a PB&J and a big glass of milk, and I am a happy camper!)
I can't be your sponsor because I too have this SAME Peanut Butter addiction. My favorite is putting a spoon in the jar, getting a big scoop and dotting it with M & Ms. How healthy is that? I even split bananas down the middle and lather them with pnut butter for a snack!
Hi, I'm Lois and I'm a recovering peanut butter addict. I haven't had pb in over 2 months. I hit my bottom when I ate it for a 10 day binge. I had a "brown out" and woke up to find an empty jar next to my pillow. I don't remember how it got there. But trail of jelly to the kitchen horrified me. Did anyone get hurt?!
Seriously, I became allergic from eating it all the time. It is torture to not be able to have it. The ER was getting a bit annoying tho. Good Luck!!
Post a Comment