I was just online trying to see if I could find the official results from Saturday's race, and I found out something funny... I got second place in my age group! I came in 88th place overall (there were 174 runners total), and they had me with a pace of 8:45. My friend, Ann, who ran with us came in 3rd in our age group. We didn't stay for the awards, as we figured there was no way we had placed (and we were hungry for breakfast!!), but we should have... we even would have gotten a trophy!
I guess since it was a small race there weren't many of us old ladies running, hence 2nd place with a time of 27:12 (the women's winner ran it in 18.32... a 5:58 minute mile!!). It is definitely incentive for my competitive side, though!
You can see the official results here.
6 comments:
I told you that you ROCK! You will be at 18 minutes in no time. HA!
OLD ladies? NEVER!! Congrats!
Congrats!!!
You go girl!!
YOu're going to have to start a trophy shelf in the living room:)
You are so awesome. I'm so proud of you!
I am so impressed!!! and inspired... i think I am getting into this blogging world!
Post a Comment