
While we have come a long way on the potty training front, we still have a bit of work to do (Jackson still won't poo in the potty). But, yesterday I took Jackson to the beach where we made new strides...
After we had been in the ocean for about 30 minutes, Jackson ran out of the water and started running in circles on the beach. He was whining about something, and once I got closer and got him calmed down some, I could tell he was saying "Potty! Potty!". So, we walked up to the dunes, where I figured he could take off his bathing suit and go. At first, he was freaked out about it... wouldn't go. But, he had drank so much water that he was dying... eventually nature took it's course.
Hurdle one cleared: peeing somewhere other than the potty or in a diaper.
Hurdle two cleared: peeing standing up.
I wish this was the end of my story, but it's not. After about 10 more minutes in the ocean, he started to do his dance again. Before I could get to him, he ran to a lady reading on the beach, stopped about 10 feet in front of her, and peed. I was dying. She was very nice, pretending not to even look up from her book, but I know she had to have seen him!
There are new potty hurdles for us to clear every day, and I don't even know they are there until we get to them. Hopefully we will be in the clear soon.....
3 comments:
I'm sorry, Amanda, but I'm laughing right now that he just went on the beach :) I know it is frustrating, but it is a start, right?
Hey - when a guy has to go, a guy has to go. He's going to get it all under control soon. You'll see. Hang in there.
That is sooo funny! You know that I will be calling you soon and asking you for advice on potty training! I LOVE the "blackmail" picture! HUGS!
Post a Comment