Sunday, June 25, 2006

Georgetown


This past weekend, Jason and I both had plans in Georgetown. He was supposed to go fishing offshore with his buddies, Will and Ben, and I was going to run in an 8K, so we decided to spend the night in Georgetown and go our separate ways in the morning. The waves were supposed to big, though, so the boys unfortunately had to call off the fishing trip. Jason and I decided to go anyway for a night away from the boys and to check out the Harborwalk Festival.

On Friday night, we got in early enough to eat dinner with Wendy and Keary and their children, Austin and Ramey. (Jason lived with Wendy and Keary at Nightingale Plantation for one of the summers he was there... they have been great friends!) We ate at Lowcountry BBQ... one of our favorite places when we lived there, and the one place we try to eat at when we visit! I do wish we had been able to drive out to Nightingale to see it... it was such a beautiful place, and we haven't been back since we left.

The festival was quite an ordeal... the streets were blocked off and filled with vendors selling arts and crafts, BBQ, funnel cakes, and lots of junk! There was also an old car show, live music, and carnival games. We had a nice lunch, shopped along the Harborwalk and through the vendors, and called it a day... the heat and the people started to get to us both after a couple of hours!

Jason and I had a great time, though, while we were away. It is the first time we have left the boys overnight since right before Harris was born, and I think we both agree that it is something we need to do more often. Maybe I can talk him into taking me somewhere tropical next...

No comments: