Sunday, April 01, 2007

2007 First Annual Easter Egg Hunt

Saturday afternoon was our first annual Easter Egg Hunt, hosted by Jackson & Harris, Reeves, Fordham & Pinckney, Mary Kathryn & Anne, DuBose & Mills, and Spencer & Eliza. It was a beautiful afternoon, and the location was perfect (thanks Aileen!!). Each child invited their friends and classmates, and there were probably 70 children there, each ready to hunt as many eggs as possible!
There were more than 800 eggs hidden in the yard... all of the little ones were super-excited as they drove in and saw all of the colorful eggs.
We had lots of yummy treats, including cupcakes topped with peeps (I loved how they looked with all of the bright colors!).
Jackson and Harris both loved the egg decorations hanging from the trees. Jackson was a huge help in replacing any eggs that had fallen off of the tree.
The kids played hard before the hunt started, and the sandbox was a hit with both of my boys. Here Jackson plays with Fordham and Mills.
Jackson shows Anna, one of his classmates, where all of the Easter Baskets are... we think it is love!
DuBose was the first eager little one to greet the Easter Bunny.
Fordham followed closely behind and was never far from the bunny... he was sure the bunny got lots of hugs!! Jackson and Harris both kept their distance.

Harris and Jackson both had their first taste or Peeps... neither was quite sure if they liked them! DuBose and Fordham digging in the driveway... so much for clean Easter clothes! Harris was digging with them and came home covered, head to toe, in dirt!
We had such a great afternoon, and I think all of the kids loved the party. I think we owe our success to all of the productive planning sessions we had (and to all of the creativity and hard work of the mommies, of course!!). Thanks to all... I think we have started a wonderful tradition that will create many memories for each of our children. Love ya!
By the way, be sure to check out the other childrens' mommies' blogs for more pictures. While I didn't get any pictures of the hunt itself, DuBose & Mills' mommy got some great ones!

3 comments:

Caroline said...

What a fun party. Great post except that it is 2007, not 2006. :)

Amanda said...

Yeah, yeah, I know. I fixed it... I was just a little tired writing it last night!! Hee hee!!

aileen said...

It was awesome!