Courtney Ann Harbaugh passed away on November 28 from injuries sustained in her fall. I am incredibly sad that such a good friend, great teacher, and bright light is gone. The whole thing is still so surreal to me, and I am still in disbelief that she will not be around tomorrow.The boys are doing well, each of them understanding on their own level, each of them sad she is gone. I think Harris's grasp of it tops any of us, though. The other day in the car on the way to school, I told them that their teachers were going to need extra love and hugs that day, because we were all going to be extra sad about Courtney's death. Harris said, "Not me. I'm happy." I said, "You're happy Miss Courtney is gone?", not sure he really understood what had happened. He responded, "I'm happy for Lucky." Lucky, our cat, died in February. He is happy for Lucky that Miss Courtney is there to take care of him. Sobbing, I realized, Harris gets it.
I always want to remember Courtney like this, big huge smile on her face. This is how I saw her most often. This is who she was. Always laughing, always having a good time, always making others feel like they were loved. She will always be young, she will always be smiling, and I know that God has chosen the best teacher and babysitter in the world for His baby angels.Courtney Ann Harbaugh
9 October 1984 - 28 November 2008
Rest peacefully, Sweet Courtney.
We will miss you dearly.
"But those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31
4 comments:
Hi Amanda~fellow luker here (& chocolate lover of your store)~ :)
I ofcourse did not know Courtney, but after reading your blog, I followed her story through Caring Bridge and Facebook. My heart just aches! Having 2 daughters, I just can't imagine what her family (and friends) is going through right now. Not being selfish but I can't imagine how her mother feels. I have been praying for them and I will continure to pray for them to be strong!
It makes me realize how precious we should treat every moment we have with loved ones.
Also like to add that I love reading your blog and your boys are just precious!!!
Hugs, Amanda.
Many prayers from us too. I am so sorry for your loss and the loss for everyone who loved her. I didn't know her but you all paint such lovely pictures that I know she would have been a welcomed friend and babysitter here at the Walpole house.
I'm so sorry Amanda. I feel like I knew her through your words and pictures. You have our prayers and hugs.
Post a Comment