
In November, our great friends, the Eglestons, the Halfords, the Collins, and Jason and I traveled back to Clemson for the Clemson/Boston College game. Nancy, Rossi, Aileen, Jason and I were all at school there at the same time, yet we never crossed paths. Aileen and Rossi even lived almost next door to me, and we never met. So strange! It was fun, though, to share Clemson stories and to laugh about our similar experiences.
It had been since 2000 that I had been to Clemson, so I was super-excited to see everything again and to see what had changed. There were lots of new buildings and new businesses, but I was happy that the feel of Clemson on game day hadn't changed a bit.

A trip to the bookstore equipped us for the chilly night to come!

Jason on Bowman field, a favorite place to play, catch some rays, and sled on cafeteria trays on rare snowy evenings.

Jason and I met at Clemson, two weeks into our first year there. I can't imagine Clemson without him... it was nice to spend some QT with him and remember all of the crazy things we had done there!

The year we graduated there was a campaign to get all of the graduating seniors to pay for a brick with their name on it... we are immortalized on a Clemson sidewalk!




The excitement around campus on game day is overwhelming. We loved strolling around the stadium and campus, refueling our Tiger spirit.


We had a great time tailgating with Aileen's brother and sister-in-law and their friends. They had a perfect tailgating sopt, right up the hill from the stadium, right in the heart of all of the action!

This is one of the many, many fields of tailgaters in Clemson... I think it really is a profession!
Our seats for the game were at the very top of Death Valley... I mean the top. We were three rows from the tippy top, 111 steps from the bottom of the upper deck. Yes, I counted... it was the only way for me to get to the top without focusing on falling down or how badly my quads hurt from climbing!
This is shortly before a Clemson touchdown. It was an exciting game, up until the last 10 minutes. Unfortunately, Boston College pulled out a win in the last few minutes. So sad, as the Tigers lost their chance at an ACC title that night.

We really had the best time that weekend, and we are looking forward to many, many more games with friends, both with and without the children. We had a great time, Eglestons, Collins, and Halfords, and we can't wait to start planning next year's trip!
Thanks, Granny and Grandaddy, taking such good care of our boys so we could have the weekend off. We so appreciated it, and the boys talked about their great time for days afterwards! Love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment