Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Toledo Zoo

Friday morning, we headed to the Toledo Zoo. It is one of the best in the country (in the Top 10 of family-friendly zoos), and I really do believe we could have spent at least two days there seeing all that we wanted to see. It was huge and had some great exhibits.
I gave Dean and Jackson their own disposable cameras to explore the zoo with. While I haven't developed them yet, I am dying to see what they thought was photo-worthy. here, Dean is taking pictures of the baby polar bears.
We rode on the zoo train through the African savannah and saw zebras, giraffes, vultures, and many more African animals.

Our three monkeys are on a scale that told them what kind of primate had a similar weight. I think that the three of them weighed the same as a male chimpanzee.
Jackson and Harris had their first taste of cotton candy at the zoo. I think they liked it, but I don't think either was addicted! By this time, they really had had enough. There was so much more that I wanted to see, but as we went through the hippo exhibit, I felt like they were dragging and not nearly as excited to see the hippos as I was! So, we decided to call it a day (after a trip to the gift shop... thank you, Papa!) and save the rest for next time.
Papa and I commented on how both of us had posed for pictures when we were little on this buffalo, so we had to get on with all three boys on it, too!

1 comment:

Anne said...

What is up with that rhinoceros's horn? Is it just me, or is it bending in the wrong direction??